Sharon White, the previous head of the UK telecoms regulator Ofcom, has been recognised on the New 12 months Honours listing.
Ms White was chief government of Ofcom for 4 years, throughout which she oversaw the regulator taking over extra duties.
She was made a Dame for her “public service” at Ofcom.
Ms White stated she was “very grateful” for the award and paid tribute to her former colleagues.
“That is actually a recognition of the arduous work and dedication of my colleagues at Ofcom,” she stated, in a brief assertion.
Ofcom is the UK’s telecoms regulator, overseeing phone and broadband companies, cellular networks, and tv and radio broadcasts.
Throughout Ms White’s time in cost, Ofcom turned the primary exterior regulator of the BBC. Beforehand, complaints had been dealt with by the BBC Belief.
Ms White left Ofcom in November 2019 to turn out to be chair of the John Lewis retail group.
Different individuals linked to the expertise business named on the listing included:
- Ciaran Martin, chief government officer of the Nationwide Cyber Safety Centre has been appointed Companion of the Order of the Tub
- Caroline Hargrove, chief expertise officer of Babylon Well being, which runs the NHS GP at Hand app. She was made Commander of the Order of the British Empire (CBE) for companies to engineering
- Tim Robinson, a non-executive director on the Division for Worldwide Improvement. He has beforehand labored with lottery operator Camelot and the charity Oxfam. He was made CBE for companies to digital expertise
- Jeanette Forbes, chief government of Aberdeen-based IT agency PCL Group. She was made Officer of the Order of the British Empire (OBE) for companies to enterprise, expertise and charity
- Andrew Wylie, co-founder of software program firm Sage, who’s knighted for companies to enterprise and charity
British honours are awarded on advantage, for distinctive achievement or service.